Healthy Drink Ideas
Vegan Matcha Latte
1 1/4 tsp matcha powder
1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup (or stevia to taste), more or less to preference + depending on sweetness of macadamia and coconut milk
1 Tbsp (15 ml) hot water
3/4 cup (180 ml) light coconut milk
3/4 cup (180 ml) macadamia nut milk
1/4 tsp maca root powder
1/4 tsp ashwaganda
1 Tbsp (15 g) coconut butter
1. Add matcha powder to your serving mug along with sweetener of choice and hot water. (If adding add-ins like maca, ashwaganda, or coconut butter, add at this time.)
2. Whisk until completely dissolved.
3. Once the matcha is completely dissolved, heat* your coconut and macadamia milk (or other dairy-free milks). Heat in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot and steamy. To get more froth, you can whisk vigorously.
4. Pour dairy-free milk into your mug. Taste and add more sweetener if needed. I found that, when I used the macadamia nut milk, I only needed a bit of maple syrup or stevia to sweeten. Enjoy immediately.
*Latte can also be made cold over ice. Simply add all ingredients plus a handful of ice to a jar, cover, and shake vigorously to combine.
Golden Tumeric Latte
1 ½ cups non-dairy milk
½ t vanilla extract
½ T coconut oil 1 t turmeric
½ t ground cinnamon
½ t ginger
¼ t black pepper
1. Add ingredients to a small saucepan, and bring to a boil. As the milk heats, whisk the ingredients until it becomes frothy and smooth (about 3-5 minutes).
2. Simmer a few minutes on low, then transfer to a cup and enjoy!
1 tbsp MCT Oil We use this!
2 tbsp Butter
12 oz Coffee
1. Brew a cup of coffee using any brewing method you'd like.
2. Add butter, MCT oil, and coffee to a blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds. Enjoy.
Bulletproof Matcha Latte
2 cups water or unsweetened nut milk
1 serving Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (optional)
1-2 tsp high-quality matcha green tea powder (I like Chalait)
1/2 tsp Ghee
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp Bulletproof Brain octane (MCT oil)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp cacao butter
1. Boil water or almond milk over the stove.
2. Meanwhile, fill high-powered blender (I prefer a Vitamix) with the remaining ingredients listed above.
3. Once the liquid is nearly boiling, pour into blender and turn on high to blend, about 45 seconds to a minute.
4. *You can keep it as simple as boiling water/almond milk to mix with matcha and cinnamon for a sweeter flavour.